Our client in Tallahassee, Florida is seeking a Senior Technical Business/Systems Analyst to join the team. The Senior Technical Business/Systems Analyst will report to the Manager for Engineering and Operations Team, but will work across multiple projects and organizations to help fulfill needs of the team. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing technical support for all applications the team is responsible for. Strong problem solving and communication skills required. This is a Technical Business Analyst position containing both Business Analyst and experience. Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization, in order to provide technical solutions. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities. Review current system documentation to familiarize with business partner’s operations, understanding of their processes and functions, and understanding of applications security methods and process. Review current application system program components and databases to familiarize with the application’s functionality, workflow, and data storage. Provide daily maintenance support of multiple applications through monitoring the Department’s Help Desk and determining resolutions of reported issues and problems. May involve technical solutions of application data corrections in database, or functional business solutions by informing the business community of the steps and procedures to follow to resolve the issue. The selected candidate must possess experience and understanding of multiple technological platforms like Client/Server, z/OS mainframe, and Windows. The ability to use database tools to review and understand application system’s database objects and data; tables, triggers, procedures, functions and packages for determining what is causing the issue or problem and provide resolution. Have the ability to understand technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge.
3 to 5 years of business/systems analysis or development experience.
Primary Job Duties / Tasks:
- Monitor Service Desk queue and resolve support tickets as assigned.
- Assign service desk tickets to the appropriate technician or group for proper resolution and ensures all Service Level Agreements are met in a timely manner.
- Identify, analyze and resolve problems and issues through the use of troubleshooting tools and techniques as well as teamwork.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting to determine cause of problem.
- Provide high level of customer service by providing status and information to the customer.
- Research and understand DOT business processes and their inter-relationships.
- Gather, document, and manage business and technical requirements.
- Assist customers with development of business cases.
- Perform application testing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of maintaining existing computing applications
- Knowledge of relational database theories and concepts
- Knowledge of Windows (winforms, webforms, MVC, ASP, batch console, WCF, Class Library)
- Knowledge of Z/OS mainframe computer systems and supporting software such as Time Sharing Option (TSO), Job Control Language (JCL) and Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF)
- Ability to work independently in the technical analysis, evaluation and resolution of custom-written computer application production issues or problems, with little or no assistance, and to make decisions and recommendations to remediate those issues or problems
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize work assignments for him/herself or lower level analysts
- Skill in accurately estimating time requirements for computer programming tasks in a computer application maintenance environment
- Translates high level business requirements into detailed business requirements and/or functional specifications.
- Ability to work effectively with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Technical Architects to build efficient, viable solutions in the maintenance of business applications utilizing all established departmental standards
- Ability to analyze processes and workflows to design efficient information solutions
- Ability to prepare complex computer program specifications
- Ability to prepare computer program test plans
- Ability to interact and collaborate directly with customers, technical staff, and management
- Skill in interpreting and communicating technical information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and manage technical documentation in accordance with the Department's standards
- Ability to determine and document business rules/logic and database actions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of server environments
- Knowledge of Citrix
- Skill with programming languages (SQL, COBOL, JCL, DOS scripting, Focus)
- Skill with database platforms (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Skill with database tools (SQL Developer, SSMS-SQL Server Management Studio, Z/OS SPUFI)
- Skill with Active Directory security
- Skill with Z/OS mainframe RACF security
General Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- Communication: Have the ability to clearly convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (i.e.; project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process information provided by others.
- Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e.; business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem.
- Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
- Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others.
- Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others.
- Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
- Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make recommendations as accordingly.
- Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal.
- Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Advanced Systems Design, Inc. is:
- A leading Information Technology provider for Federal, State & Local government agencies.
- A certified minority-owned small business government contractor with capabilities related to Public Health IT, Criminal Justice, Transportation and Defense.
- A certified service-disabled veteran-owned company with a proud 37+ year track record of providing successful innovative solutions for our government customers.
Are actively working on next-generation technology projects with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and a wide array of Federal, State and Local agencies throughout the United States.
Are eligible for wide-ranging benefits and perks, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance with PPO and HDHP/HSA options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick)
- Holiday Pay - Company Paid Federal Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Certification Incentive Plan
- Employee Referral Plan
- Technology Exposure
For additional information regarding Advanced Systems Design, please check out our website at: www.asd-web.com