A client of ASD located in Tallahassee, Florida is actively seeking an Applications Architect to join their team. The selected candidate is expected to leverage technology to streamline and smooth the execution of the organization’s business strategies, as well as be able to make high-level design choices and dictate technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms for the enterprise. The individual will address the conceptual/planning level of the application architecture in collaboration with other architects focused on the needs of the technology, business and information architectures. Additionally, this person will provide the reusable standards, guidelines, patterns and frameworks to application development projects, including those related to application architecture. At the project-level, he/she will verify that all aspects of the application solution architecture are optimized (as much as possible given other constraints of time and budget) by working with subject matter experts (SMEs) in the areas of technology, information and application architectures and disciplines. Candidate will be REQUIRED to interview in-person for this position in Tallahassee, FL. NO phone / skype interviews will be accepted.
- 10+ years as a software architect, lead developer, or development manager
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications systems design and integration is highly desired
Job Duties and Tasks:
- Work as an architecture team lead on large cross-functional application projects, ensuring that robust and scalable solutions are implemented. Provide architectural guidance and oversight to quality assurance on all new code from inception through integration, staging and production environments. Provide hands-on support to peers; coach, guide and mentor others in accomplishing architecture, design, and implementation goals
- Responsible for end-to-end enterprise development architecture; ensures code written to implement the architecture and design meets standards in terms of code quality and efficiency
- Drive continuous improvement; may include design, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies; collaborate with other developers and architects to drive guidelines, methodologies, and documentation.
- Initiate, drive and deliver effective experiences in partnership with distributed cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the architectural vision are communicated, supported and delivered to the highest standards; align core .NET based platform development initiatives with Department development vision, strategy and deployment
- Develop and apply knowledge of trends, relevant software development technologies and methodologies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts
- Knowledge of design patterns, performance issues and troubleshooting strategies
- Knowledge of development methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Skill in architecting and deploying high volume, high transaction based, distributed and redundant web applications 6. Skill with Microsoft SQL and other Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including Oracle
- Skilled in verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service 8. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
- Ability to architect cloud-based applications leveraging PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings for leading vendors such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Ability to lead technical teams in delivering web technology architecture, design, and implementation
- Ability to effectively communicate and lead distributed development teams
- Ability to display professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with others across varied disciplines
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Communication: Have the ability to clearly convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (i.e.; project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process information provided by others.
Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e.; business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem.
Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others.
Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others.
Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make recommendations as accordingly.
Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal.
Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.
Advanced Systems Design, Inc. is:
- A leading Information Technology provider for Federal, State & Local government agencies.
- A certified minority-owned small business government contractor with capabilities related to Public Health IT, Criminal Justice, Transportation and Defense.
- A certified service-disabled veteran-owned company with a proud 37+ year track record of providing successful innovative solutions for our government customers.
Our employees are actively working on next-generation technology projects with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and a wide array of Federal, State and Local agencies throughout the United States. They are eligible for wide-ranging benefits and perks, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance with PPO and HDHP/HSA options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick)
- Holiday Pay - Company Paid Federal Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Certification Incentive Plan
- Employee Referral Plan
- Technology Exposure
For additional information regarding Advanced Systems Design, please check out our website at: www.asd-web.com